Parody Parody Parody Parody Parody Parody

oh that's odd, i was consumed by bitterness just last week.

Rubert da Koopa Rubert da Koopa

Here's the thing. SO many people parody Mario. And so many of them do it badly.

This flash here, though, does it right. So creative and different.

Brilliant.

HELLBENDERS - Applooza HELLBENDERS - Applooza

yeah, yup. s'really fun and funny and a fun time.

Ray's Dignity Ray's Dignity

always a joy, almost always a turn on.

LUCKY DAY FOREVER LUCKY DAY FOREVER

I am in awe of how lucky we are to have received such fantastic work with the new video system on NG.

This is often a very throw-away claim/line on NG, but I mean it with sincerity: This is my favourite animation ever on Newgrounds. It hits so many good notes in me. From start to finish, I was enthralled. Everything about it is perfect.

There have been some excellent animations released recently, all of which do an excellent job in telling a story. This animation stands out the most, really accomplishing the difficult feat of grabbing almost every single emotion in the spectrum.

Awesome. Truly, truly awesome.

Swelter Swelter

holy hell. what a fantastic short animation. really, really beautiful. instant favourite.

"The Worst" "The Worst"

not to sound like i'm just copying a load of other people, but: i'm flabbergasted, mildly disgusted and it reminded me a bit of metalocalypse at points.

but please, don't think those are negative comments. i loved it. i think? i don't know. i need to sit and think about life for a bit now. that was just... so odd... and so fucked up... but so well made.

i'd say my favourite bits were the close-up face shots at the start. i really like the use of shadow and light in this.

well done!

Sherbalex responds:

i gotta investigate this metalocalpyse thing because im really starting to get worried

The Moleman The Moleman

some people are really over-exaggerating about the content of this. need i remind you that you're on newgrounds? you can't count the toons with more 'inapproriate' content than this on two hands.

it is well animated. some bits are pretty funny, and some bits aren't. but it doesn't deserve the low scores that some very contradictory people are giving it. do you come to newgrounds for the squeaky clean disney humour?

contrast: a love story contrast: a love story

very nice.

a lot of people claim to be crying. maybe that's true. if it is, there are some fairly emotionally unstable people here. :)

jokes aside, it is really lovely and well done. it's a shame it's very short.. but i guess this wasn't ever really intended for public release. your wife must have felt very special.

it's a touching story, told many times before perhaps, but played out very simply and from the point of view of a creature we don't often attribute 'love' to. as an animation now in the public eye, i personally felt the tear on the dragon at the end was a bit too much.

i gave it an 8 because i felt like the tear makes it more cheesy than sad. i felt like the story was a lot more true to the emotions it's trying to stir up when the dragons were communicating their feelings with a dip of the head, or shutting an eye.

anyway, it's really lovely.

Horsenwelles responds:

well without a tear (being the only cliche i knew would arise) the audience would end on a more confused note than tragic. if it wasn't there, the audience wouldn't really know that he died until after it was over.

anyway, thank you so much =D

Dot Dot Dot - Animated Dot Dot Dot - Animated

THAT'S what i'm talking about!

every animator looking to learn how to animate effectively, and every voice actor dreaming of making it some day: take careful, detailed notes at how flawlessly this flash toon has been put together. the humour is perhaps more immediate to anyone who knows NG well, but this is a small compromise for what it a very engaging, funny and creative animation.

i am giving this a ten beacuase the voices where pretty good.